Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall & Heading South Again

The Sierras are always a sight. This is on I-80 on our trip to Cali.
Looks a lot like Idaho, but it's right by Lake Tahoe.
Gracie wandering in a Meadow near Lake Tahoe.
A fall day up at the lake.
Walking the dogs in Armstrong Redwoods. So awesome that Piroska neniek spent my last weekend in the States with us. We had two rounds of fresh fish & chips and two trips to the beach.
Even had a picnic lunch in the park.
Cookie is a natural!
This is still Bodega Bay, but nearer the bay itself than the beaches. A gorgeous sunset!
Fish & Chips round 1 of 2. :)
Our last meal in Christchurch with friends at Annie's Wine Bar, very delicious!
A fantastic last meal in New Zealand!!!
Springtime in the Botanic Gardens in Christchurch. Lots of apple & cherry trees in bloom, and daffodils all over.
Our first dinner in Christchurch was Thai at a new to us place, since Ironside was closed due to earthquake damage. Matt, a good friend and winter-over, joined us too.
Dave, back in a helicopter for a Marble Point fuel traverse (it was 3 days long).
One of our first nights back in town was so gorgeous and dark. Pretty sunsets.
Yay, Julie (college friend) and I at the Hut 10 party. So awesome she's down here.

The plane we came in on. Same one as the first plane I ever fueled, a week later.
In Christchurch boarding our plane.
Fall went by quickly! It was a wonderful trip to Reno to see family, and we even took some smaller trips, one to Lake Tahoe and a really awesome 3 day trip right before I left to the ocean with Piroska neniek. Mom & I caught an Engelbert Humperdinck concert, which was fun. And our trip south through New Zealand was wonderful as usual, albeit very brief this time due to flights. Amazing meals and strolls through the gardens made it phenomenal. And we've been back to McMurdo for 3 weeks already, which is hard to believe. I'm loving my new job. Trying to adjust to working outside all the time still, but in love with the view from everywhere I go. Currently I'm on the Pegasus project...unrolling 13 miles of flexible, 6-inch fuel hose to Pegasus airfield, where they will be landing planes in a few months. Dave is helping with supplies for field camps. Good times here, and we have a sweet couch in our room. Hope everyone is well. Love you. Thanks for the emails and pictures!!!

No comments: