Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer & Family 2011

Grandma & Grandpa came over twice to spend time with us & Tibor's family, and we got to see Piroska neniek too. Granparents and Grandaughters.
Incze Family Photo 2011
Julie & Adam's wedding up at the Sawtooths in Idaho was wonderful & beautiful.
Met up with Mike at the North Section of Theodore Roosevelt National Park, hiked & camped!
The North Section of the Park was just as beautiful and even more rugged than the south.
Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota was beautiful and very lush.
We camped in the N. Park and hiked all the open hikes, saw lots of wild orchids and fish.
On a hike in Fort Wayne, Indiana! It was stunning.
Koehlinger Family Photo 2011
Dave, Mike, Jen & I met at the Indy 500 Qualifying Race and it was awesome!



It's a bit shocking how fast this summer is flying by, both Dave and I can't believe the pace. We got back from a phenomenal vacation in Indonesia & New Zealand on May 5th. My two weeks in Reno zipped by with all the appointments to qualify for the upcoming Antarctic season, but we also got to take some wonderful trips, visit my favorite forest park in Reno a couple of times and see Grandma & Grandpa too. I met Dave in Indiana, where we went to an Indy 500 race and a ball game and had some great card games and even got to see aunt Doris & uncle Paul. Then we took the incredibly long drive to McCall (one long week) on the northern route so that we could see Mike in North Dakota and visit a new to us National Park, Voyageurs, which reminded me a lot of the McCall area. We got to go on a couple beautiful hikes with Mike and out to dinner in a small town nearby. Once in Idaho, we took the weekend trip to the Sawtooths for Julie's wedding, which I loved and spent a lot of time running and reading in McCall. And this past week, we were in Reno visiting my family, including Tibor, Dora and the kids who spent a month in the US and are on their way for a month in Europe and a couple weeks in Thailand. I can't wait to see their pictures from their further adventures. I especially enjoyed seeing how much Abigail and Hanna have grown and how happy and adorable they are. They were both much smaller and definitely weren't walking the last time we saw them. And Dave and I have been loving the cool early summer in McCall with perfect temperatures for running and biking, reading on the porch and cooking!

No comments: