Resurrection Pass 4 day backpacking trip in the Chugach National Forest
The Arctic Ocean. Candy and I took a trip to Barrow just to jump in (twice)!
Celebrating our polar plunge.
Blueberries were starting to ripen near Talkeetna.
CLICK ON THE BLUE LINK BELOW TO SEE MORE ALASKA PICTURES:
There were tons of humpback and killer whales on the trip, it was beautiful!
Glacier in Kenai Fjords NP
Pretty glacier and I just saw tons of puffins so I had my cheesy smile on
Typical view from the drive from Anchorage to Seward
Wildflower hike in Denali NP
Nosturtiums at the Botanical Gardens
Mt. Denali/McKinley view from the cabin in Talkeetna where I stayed a few weeks.
Our 6 day backpacking trip (units 6, 7 & 8) in Denali NP was amazing!! No trails, just using topo maps. We saw lots of wildlife including mother grizzlies, caribou, moose and Dal sheep. It was an incredible trip and the six weeks just flew by for me. I visited friends and hiked during my first couple weeks up there and then met up with Dave for two weeks of nonstop backpacking. It was such a treat! Then I stayed at a small cabin in the woods with the most incredible views for the last couple weeks and just enjoyed the nature. I put different pictures up on facebook and put a link on here for more pictures. Very lucky to have had the opportunity to visit such a gorgeous place and see my 50th state!
No comments:
Post a Comment