Sunday, October 20, 2013

Indiana, N. Carolina & California

I got to see my beautiful cousin Zsuzsanna for the first time in a long while since she lives in Tempeh.  She's engaged!  Mom & Dad and I watched my nieces for a couple weeks so that Tibor and Dora could take an adult vacation to Canada and Yellowstone, and so the girls got to see Zsuzsa too!
Roger took me to an Indiana University football game, and they won!  It was exciting and fun.
Blue heron at Roger & Bette's pond in Indiana.  It was great to see it up so close.  What a bird!
Roger & Bette in their backyard before their high school reunion.  It was great to spend some time with the Koehlingers.  We played a lot of cards, ate so well and even went to a harvest festival.
Dave on the John Muir trail in Tennessee by Brian's lake house.  So nice to hike on it!
Dave and Brian.  We just made a dinner for kings, bacon wrapped jalapenos, avocado salad and gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onion hamburgers!  Bloody mary's as the appetizer. And below is a lake I hiked by and Dave mountain biked in the Smoky Mountains.

Dave and I went kayaking on Lake Apalachia, and had a lot of relaxing days on the porch.
This beautiful cardinal sat on our car everyday.  He kept looking at himself in the mirror.  Funny!
After Dave went back to Alaska, I dog sat Bitsy the chihuahua and Max, a small black dog.  My friend Molly from Antarctica came up and we did a fast together and enjoyed the lake views.
We went to Auburn California with my parents to see some exotic plants and fall colors.  We actually found a regional park that wasn't shut down and it had mining exhibits as well as gardens.  Very pretty.
There were hollies and magnolia trees, as well as huge Ponderosa pines.
This was my favorite bit of fall color there.  Right now I'm packing (for Antarctica, Alaska, New Zealand, Atlanta, North Carolina........whatever comes first.)  Let's see where I end up, since politicians killed my job. 

No comments: