Cappuccinos and postcards at the Boat Shed Café...this one is for you David!
The roses were in wild bloom at the Botanic Gardens. Most as big as my head.
My 9th deployment, as usual spent admiring the beautiful flowers and trees.
6 of my meals were sushi this go around. Yum! I had two extra days because of an airdrop and a weather delay so lots of good food.
My scientist friend Jayred and I met up for Irish beer one night. He's one of the ice core drillers from WAIS Divide last season.
Amazing spring after a beautiful fall.
This was in the NZ section of the Botanic Gardens.
These were wildflowers out at Sumner Beach. I jumped on the bus out to the beach one day and it was perfect weather, good sushi and a great Goodwill shopping.
Sumner Beach (Dave this is where we played Scrabble with Zach 11 years ago).
A cormorant/blue eyed shag at the beach. I had another lovely trip through New Zealand. Always a pleasure to pass through, admire the scenery and pig out on the delicious food. Love you, pics soon from Antarctica and my trip to the seal research camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment