Not enough snow for the ski resorts, but quite a bit in town.
AFTER photos:
Our lovely bedroom, with the headboard Dave made and the frame I painted to match.
Our living room coffee table (it actually rolls so I had to seize the wheels to stop that)
Living room featuring our dining table, tapestry from Nepal that Dave made a hanger for, lamp I re-did the shade on to match, new end table and the lovely wood wall hanging that Dave made.
Living room with our dining table, the painting on the left from Bali and Turkish bowl.
The new tv cabinet that Dave built (adding on to our kitchen island), and the grey paint in our kitchen above the cabinets and new shelf above the sink. The top of the tv cabinet (below) has a wooden plank from our Forest Service friend Todd who got it from a reclaimed barn.
Our living room with the newly painted coffee table that Dave leveled so you can put things on top, our tall new paper lamp and the chair I reupholstered.
Now, for the BEFORE Pics:
Still one of my favorite things, that the historical City Jail is right outside back, and we have a view of it from the bedroom.
This is how the folks had the living room before, with the green paint.
The living room with their kitchen table.
Green hallway paint and brown in both the shower and bathroom. And below is a lovely summer view from the beach that we're steps from.
This is the wooden planks that were in the bedroom that Dave donated most of but reused some of in the bedroom's headboard. And below is the view from our building to the lake.
The DURING repairs and painting photos:
Dave came home and continued the painting. Next was all the doors, both sides. All the trim too! And the bathrooms.
We painted some inside, and some outside. I did a lot of the taping, for all the painting missions. And 2-3 home cooked meals a day. Pretty unionized too, I made sure Dave and Dad when he was painting, always had a cold beer nearby.
This was one of our closet doors. Amazing how dirty and water stained they were.
This is why I don't think the neighbors like us. We had all manner of power tools, staining, sanding, spray painting etc going on out there right in front.
Getting primer on in the bathroom. No more yuck brown.
I think this was when I was taping the windows to paint and Dave was working on the headboard.
This was from this time home (post science cruise right before Thanksgiving). Dave was building the tv cabinet.
The mustache cups from the wedding were just as handy as cardboard boxes for all our painting projects. This is the front frame of the tv cabinet.
I was sanding finish boards for our headboard. Dave was cutting wood.
The painting area was next to our front door, where I stained our wood to make it that dark color.
The island is painted here, with a grey to match the accent wall.
I'm painting our baseboards in our bedroom, which we didn't have before and Dave had to cut to size.
This is the accent wood above our couch before I sanded and painted it.
This is the tv mounting bracket that lets you pull the tv out a bit and turn it to the left or right.
This was during the reupholstering of the chair. It was very green and old, $2.99 from the thrift store, before we spruced it up.
This was the only project I've done before and I was thrilled about the results.
The accent pieces on the top and side of the headboard.
Check out the buttons that Dave attached to the grey material part of it.
It's a heavy, but now lovely, monster. I was posing with our chair and mess. :)
This was the bathroom before the paint. And below is during the making of the headboard.
Below is our hallway and computer area with the new white paint.
It was an incredibly arduous amount of work, nonstop every day until bedtime, but so beautiful! Dave is absolutely talented in everything, from painting to carpentry and decorating. Lucky to have such a skilled man. I can't wait to spend next summer enjoying our new place. For now, I'm off to work, WAIS Divide Deep Field Camp for the next few months. In a tent, in minus 40F, marshaling and fueling aircraft. We have some gorgeous photos of our wedding that I hope to put up on here on my way to Antarctica, so check back at this website. Love you, thank you for everything you do for us and for looking at our pictures.









No comments:
Post a Comment