Thursday, April 21, 2016

Idaho & California

 Dave and I went on a beautiful 12 mile spring hike in Riggins, Idaho up the Rapid River Trail with our friend Todd.  It was brilliant to see all the wildflowers and green grasses, and to go much further than we've been on the trail.  Nice to stretch the legs too.
 We saw this cow on the drive up to the trail head, and none of us have ever seen one with horns like this.
 A spring walk in McCall meant there was still snow on the beach and the lake was half frozen, but it was warm.
 The beach near us is snow free and now the lake is totally ice free too!
 Windy day at the beach in California, but so many beautiful flowers!
 I went to Reno for a week to celebrate Dad's birthday, and we took a trip to the coast.  Incredible flowers everywhere and it was so great to spend some time with my parents and visit Grandma too.
 There were two tall ships in Bodega Bay.
More flowers at the coast.
 At low tide we could see all the mussels on the ocean rocks and cliffs.  Beautiful!
 More Bodega Bay flowers.  We've never seen spring so brilliant there.
 We took a long walk in the Redwoods.
 There was flowing water everywhere, and wet trails.
 Flowers in Healdsburg, a new to us town that we visited and we took a new wine trail from Bodega Bay to 101, which was very curvy and hilly and beautiful!
This is Lake Tahoe on a beautifully sunny day.  We went towards South Lake Tahoe and stopped at all the lookouts because the Lake was so incredibly blue.  I showed my parents a private beach that Dave & I visited a few years ago that has great mountain views, and we had nacho fries at Izzy's, my favorite.  

Time flies by way too quickly, so the "bonus" week that I got to spend with Dave in McCall seemed like it vanished in moments.  It wasn't as cold as we thought it would be after Florida.  The crocus flowers are just peeking up and there's still a ton of snow in the State Park.  I spent a wonderful week with my parents and Grandma, thank you Szulok!  Love you.  And had an exceptional last day with Dave in Boise before he headed up to work.  I'm studying for my CDL which I will be taking within the week and my Wilderness First Responder refresher course at the end of the month.  Love you and thank you for looking at our pictures!

No comments: