Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hiking, biking, huckleberries, music & morels

The music festival in Roseberry was a delight!  It was our first year ever, since we've normally worked through it.  We made it to two of the three nights, and the bands were phenomenal.  This one in particular, Elephant Revival,  was so amazing that I can't wait to buy the CD.  You should look for some of their clips on Youtube, it's well worth the search.  
The huckleberry picking is great this year.  Tons of huge ones everywhere!  
I hiked the Loon Lake trail, while Polly, Artie, and Dave mountain biked it.  Tippy ran behind them, so he had the best workout.  We camped there the night before, so it was a wonderful weekend!  We traded beers for some morel mushrooms, photographed above.  

We also hiked some of the Crestline Trail to Blackwell Lake (where most of the wildflower pics are from).  And Dave's had the chance to do some amazing mountain bike rides at Tamarack and Ponderosa, while I've enjoyed the road bike for some nice country road bike rides (my longest was 23.4 miles from Tamarack to McCall via Farm to Market Road).



No comments: