Crevasse Training with Castle Rock in the background.
Last Sunday I talked the Traverse guys into letting me join them on their crevasse training. I got to rappel and climb up the rope, as well as learn the knots and pulley systems. A great Sunday!
Tied off to tractors!
My last week working for Traverse was mostly building these trash hauling platforms as well as driving the IT28 forklift. My last trip in the Challenger, although I got to drive the CASE tractor after crevasse training on Sunday.
Pilly the forklift and a full moon, on my last night shift.
This was my last night, I was loading hmw reels onto the Kress trailer. It was cold!
Night shift hiking was pretty awesome. We went on the Hut Ridge loop twice, the Ob Hill loop twice and once to Scott Base.
Monday nights I've been taking a silversmithing class. Here is Harry my teacher. I made the amazing pendant that I'm wearing and will try to make a ring on Monday night. It's such a fun thing to learn. Time is sort of slowly but also quickly passing. I am on the hose reel project with my friend Matt and two new guys. We just started so we still have 14 miles to go (maybe a month like last year). I love and miss you.

No comments:
Post a Comment