McMurdo from our South Pole Traverse (SPOT) Shop. This is how much change in light we get in a day, it's completely dark for a few hours still, enough that I saw my fourth aurora the other night.
McMurdo from the SPOT shop, it's pretty light now at the start of our shift. I live in the leftmost brown dormitory building (of the four of them).
Hut point from the SPOT shop.
The end of my best shift ever! I got to drag these two buildings (living modules) for several miles and hours from the winter staging area to near the fuel pits at the Ice Runway. It was awesome!!! The only girl on nights dragging the biggest things we had out there! And then these beautiful colors right as I parked them.
The second best day ever, my last shift, dragging one of the aviation fuel tanks over to the Ice Runway. I also got to operate the crane and pick up some steel with it that shift, and the day before drive a huge Kress trailer up the hill from Scott Base to McMurdo. Again, pulling the biggest things out there. So fun!
View from my tractor, lovely moon. Love all of you. Miss you too. Ildiko
No comments:
Post a Comment