After returning to the US, I had a day to business suit shop with the great help of Dave, and flew to Washington DC for a job interview in the Planning Office.
I flew in and had dinner with the future coworkers, three interviews including one at lunch and then headed home the next day. But I did get a chance to stop at the Arlington National Cemetery, which is incredible.
After some wedding planning, Dave and I took a few day trip to San Francisco to wedding ring shop and sight see. Neither of us had ever since so much of the city.
It was my first trip through Chinatown, which I liked a lot.
Lots of great markets...I got some sparklers for the wedding here. Fun!
Seaweed on posts at Fishermen's Wharf. This was right outside the Exploratorium.
The Coit Tower from the piers. And below is the sea lions at Fishermen's Wharf. Love seeing and hearing these guys! They are always a highlight to every San Francisco trip I've taken.
Alcatraz seen from Pier 39.
Colorful sailboats at Pier 39.
I'm thrilled we went here, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory. Also glad I captured Dave in this picture. Hanging out on the green grass here is one of my favorite memories of Dave when we first met. We used to park our tour vans nearby and while our passengers were sightseeing, we'd sit in the sun and joke around.
This is the city from Hyde Street and Lombard. Lombard has the windiest section of street just below this photograph. I love the Coit Tower all light up like that, and the bridges.
We rode the cable car! It was scenic and fun, and a great break as we had in our earnest desire to see more of the gorgeous city, walked about 20 miles...up and down Market street, to the piers, across town to Golden Gate Park and the Botanic Gardens, around Chinatown, The Castro, Alamo Square and Haight-Ashbury.
I like that I got the conductor in the photo too. Below is lunch at Boudin Sourdough bread factory.
Pier 39 is the most famous/touristic part of Fishermen's Wharf and has tons of shops and even an aquarium. It was the tulip festival there, so lots of flower arrangements and pots full of flowers.
Love these historic rail cars...they're from all over the world and a quick way to get around for only a couple bucks.
The San Francisco Botanic Gardens were incredible! Lots of native plants, a redwood grove and international trees and plants throughout.
The loveliest smelling exhibit was the hyacinths, but there were also magnolia trees in full bloom.
Loved walking around Market street at night!
This is the top of the Coit Tower. We hiked up on our last day before we caught the ferry back to Vallejo. It had some incredible painted murals on the inside. It was an exceptionally wonderful trip, and we got to see and spend some quality time with my aunt and uncle in Cordelia. I don't know why we haven't gone more often, it's a stunning city with tons of things to see. Very romantic of course when you're wedding ring shopping as well. Thank you for looking at our pics, love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment