Saturday, May 23, 2015

Venice, St. Petersburg, Florida Keys

Typical Venice Florida sunset.  This was from our first sunset with the Koehlingers near the condos.
Exotic birds every time we went outdoors.
A great blue heron at the jetty's. And below is an Ibis near the beach.
We found quite a few shark's teeth and enjoyed a lot of sunshine together.
Pelicans at the jetty's.
Sunset near our condo in Venice.
Bougainvillea on a day trip at a historical mansion.
Sunset dinner and cocktails with Bette, Roger and Dave at Pop's.  Delicious!
Alligator at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.  We went to see the birds and manatees.
Flamingos at Homosassa.  We saw our first roseate spoonbill there as well as tons of herons, pelicans and other gorgeous birds.  Below is outside the Dali Museum in St. Pete.  We loved it!
 Dave and I at the Dali Museum.  Amazing art and architecture.
 A beer break between museum and beach, with this harbor view.
Roseate spoonbill in the wild!  Hanging out at the beach in St. Petersburg.  How cool!  Below is post fishing cruise, in Key West with my dear friends cutting bait.
My first night after my 6 week Antarctic fishing cruise was here in Pelican Bay at Key Largo.  Thank you so much Dave!  I love you!!  I spent countless hours in that hammock.  Then ate blackened mahi.
Key West susnet from Andrew's boat.  After we set a cute fish trap and cruised the bay.  Below is one of the main beaches on Key West.  A really laid back island with a slow, peaceful pace.
Pink plumerias at the city garden, but they're also in many peoples yards.  Below is Connie and I enjoying the city garden.
Dave and I had a wonderful three weeks in Venice Florida before I deployed!  Before we arrived, we had a few days in Denver (orientation) to catch up with some loved Antarctic friends.  We met up with a lot of our Fuels friends that Dave hasn't seen since 2012 (Jeff, Steph, Keros, Kristy Carney, Tadd, Storm and Joe).

We stayed at a condo down the street from Roger & Bette, and played a lot of cards together, watched sunset, watched basketball, visited downtown Venice, relaxed on the beach and ate a ton of incredible meals together.  The time flew by incredibly quickly.  Because I deployed from Florida, my tickets after my Antarctic fishing cruise returned me to Miami and I stayed a few days to visit my friends Connie & Andrew (from McMurdo Station) in Key West.  Florida was incredibly colorful, tropical, vivid and luscious!

1 comment:

Tibor Incze said...

Such beautiful pictures, Ildi! So glad you had a blast in Florida! Really hope to see you in July, or the latest in September! With lots of love, Dora