The town Christmas tree in McCall by the lake at Art Roberts Park. It's a beautiful sight to see!
Snowfall on the paved path from town to the Smoke Jumper Base; a favorite of our town walks.
We hung Christmas ornaments on our townhome community outdoor Christmas tree.Another of our favorite walks in town by the Payette river.
Our friends Julie & Adam visited from Boise, and we took them to the new PLT park.
It's a gorgeous tract of land by the river, and very close to our new property.We surprised my parents by showing up in Reno for Christmas wearing bows.
A walk by the marsh with Dad.Dave made a delicious vegan chocolate cake for the holidays.
We got to see my cousin Zsuzsanna and her daughter Lily.
We took a walk around Virginia lake in downtown Reno.
Always beautiful views from there and interesting birds to see year round.I was wearing my Christmas sweater.
Dave & I at Virginia Lake.
A night heron, one of my favorite birds to see in Reno and Sparks.
Family photo by my parents' Christmas Tree.
We went bowling at the Grand Sierra Resort.An old photo that was taken at my parents' Caballo Drive home when we were younger.
Back in McCall, we took a walk along Payette Lake. We had a couple days to relax before I flew back up to work on January 1st to start working as a Pisten Bully operator for the winter months in N. Alaska.Anchorage mountain view from the airplane.I wanted to grab a quick salad from Wendy's in Anchorage but had a couple moose in my way whom I didn't want to disturb.
Two of the machines I drove at work. I was on night shift for 6 weeks straight 12.5 hour days everyday.Dave went to visit family in Fort Wayne and had a wonderful time seeing everyone.
Game night at Roger's home.
My coworkers made a sweet sign for me on my birthday this year as I was in Alaska still.
I finally got to go home for a break on Valentine's Day. These are early crocus in Boise.
I arrived to see a beautiful home filled with numerous projects that Dave finished. He framed our maps of Idaho and hung them in the kitchen.
He also hung our Payette Lake Land Trust heart on the entry to the kitchen.
And the beautiful fish paining we got in Boise at our stairwell.
Dave also made and framed this beautiful art piece from a photo of the aspens he took in Ponderosa State Park in the autumn.

I was excited for my first time skiing this winter. We usually go in December but there wasn't enough snow to cover the runs this year.
I love the trees at the summit of the ski area.
A wintery scene in our townhome commons.
I got to see the sculptures from the McCall Winter Carnival. This was in front of the chamber of commerce.
Our second day skiing. We went three days in a row, which was absolutely fun!
Dave snowboards.
Another view from the top.
A selfie at Brundage Mountain Ski Resort.
Another fun snow sculpture.
Because it was a light snow year, sculptures were allowed from other media besides snow. This moose won first place and is in front of our friend Sean & Emily's cafe. It's permanent home is a the Little Ski Hill, the non-profit ski mountain where lots of kids and adults learn to ski and ride.
We took our friends' dogs for a walk in the sun. Great to see dogs after a long work stint.
Snow sculpture in front of the local bakery.
We took a trip down to Riggins for a hike past the fish hatchery.
It's at a much lower elevation so winter hiking is always possible and very green.
Gorgeous mossy views the whole way along the hike.
Our favorite Texas Long Horn on the drive to the trailhead.
We ate pizza to go by the Salmon River in a park in downtown Riggins.
We took Eddy on another walk when our friends were busy at the cafe.
Our last stop in Boise before I flew back up to work is my favorite sandwich shop in Boise. They make an incredible vegan reuben sandwich with sweet potatoes.
It was wonderful to see family during the winter months and a treat to hike and ski and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Love you!


















































No comments:
Post a Comment